You are looking for a room in a flatshare and you have a lot of questions. This page to help you to find answers to most questions we receive.
We hope you will find answers to your questions! Don’t hesitate to contact us if not! 🙂
• How do I book a room?
To book a room, you can send us a booking request via our website.
If the flatshare is available and the requested dates are accepted, we will send you an email that your request was accepted. Be careful, the room is not yours yet!
To confirm your booking, you will be asked to pay the booking fees and deposit.
Then you will have to pay your first rent at least 2 weeks before your arrival.
For last minute bookings (less than 15 days before the beginning of the contract), you will have to pay the booking fees, deposit and first rent at once to confirm your booking.
• How long can I book a room?
Generally, we work by semester that’s why we accept request following semesters:
Fall: September – January
Spring: February – June
We also accept academic year.
• What will happen if I do not pay the first rent two weeks before my arrival?
If the payment of the first rent remains unpaid two weeks before your arrival even after the reminding email, the agency will cancel your booking and will keep your booking fees and the deposit for the landlord as a penalty in order to compensate for loss resulting from cancellation of the reservation.
• What will happen if I cancel my reservation after I paid my booking fees and deposit?
Booking fees are not refundable. When you have paid the booking fees, you are committed to rent the room you picked, and the agency is committed to save that room for you and not to rent it to another customer.
Therefore, if you change your mind about the room you booked :
• Where cancellation occurs more than one month before the date of arrival, the deposit and first rent will be repaid. Booking fees will be kept.
• Where the cancellation occurs between 15 days and one month before the date of arrival, the deposit will not be repaid. Booking fees will be kept.
• Where the cancellation occurs less than 15 days before the date of arrival, the deposit and first rent will not be repaid. Booking fees will be kept.
• Can I visit my room before booking?
We provide an online booking service through a platform especially built to make the booking process easy, fast and secure, so you won’t be needing to visit our properties.
Also, we do not like to disturb the people currently living in the apartment with an unpleasant visit. And with all the requests we are receiving everyday it would be highly difficult to organize visits in all apartments all over Prague.
Discover our wide range of rooms and studios through the pictures, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the flatshares!
• Can family and friends come visit?
Student Room Flat has no power to make a decision regarding guests as it depends on the landlord’s policies.
You will have to discuss this issue with your landlord during your check-in.
• Who is responsible for a guest while they’re on the premises?
As the tenant who signed the contract, you will be responsible for your guest.
• Can we have a party?
Yes but SRF advices you not to have one in your flat, there are plenty of bars in Prague!
• How many flatmates will be staying in the apartment?
All the apartments listed on the website have the number of guests mentioned on the description. You can choose to stay in a studio or a flatshare with 2 or more flatmates.
If you wish to share a room with double bed with another person, please ask in the booking request.
Please be advised that an extra tenant will lead to additional costs.
• Can I choose my flatmates?
We offer international flatshares and we do prefer to mix nationalities and genders in our apartments.
We take care of finding your new flatmates. However, if you want to book a flat with your friends or you find someone who is interested in renting a room in your flat, please contact us and we will be happy to help you with it!
• What will be provided in my apartment?
All the apartments are fully-furnished (common area and rooms). Each bedroom offers a bed with a mattress, its own desk with a chair, a wardrobe, duvet and pillow, but sheets and towels are not provided. All the features are listed in the descriptions of the flats and rooms.
• Who is responsible for cleaning my apartment?
As a tenant you are responsible for the good condition of your apartment and especially your room.
• Where can I smoke?
All the flats on our website are non-smoking flats In order to respect your flatmates and people living in the buildings and your flat.
• Do I have WIFI?
WIFI is provided in each flat.
• What do I do if something isn’t working in my apartment?
You have to contact your landlord for anything linked to your apartment.
• Can I speak with someone from Student Room Flat, if I have a problem with my landlord?
If you have a problem you have first to solve it directly with your landlord. In case you don’t find any solution, then you can contact us.
• Can I receive post?
According to the building you will stay in, you can receive post directly to your apartment by giving the name of your apartment
• Can I leave my apartment in the middle of my rent contract?
It is a matter to solve directly with your landlord and according to your contract.
• Can I do my check in or check out on a weekend?
You have to organize your check-in and check-out with your landlord directly.
Just know that most of our landlords don’t do it during weekends.
• What will I need to do before I move into my room?
Before moving into your room, you will have to pay your first rent at least 15 days before the beginning of your contract and organize your arrival with your landlord.
• How are booking fees calculated?
Booking fees are calculated accordingly:
• 0-2 months : 20% of total rent + VAT
• 2-6 months : 15% of total rent + VAT
• 6-9 months : 10% of total rent + VAT
• 9-12 months : 9% of total rent + VAT
• How should I pay my monthly rent?
You will be asked to pay for the first month of rent at least two weeks before your arrival.
Payment for the lease will depend on your landlord but it will be mainly by bank transfer to your landlord’s account directly.
• What’s included in my rent?
The price on the website includes the monthly rent and all the utilities (water, electricity, heating and internet).
• How much is a deposit?
The deposit is equal to one month rent depending on the rent of your room.
You will have to pay the deposit with the booking fees in order to book your room.
• When do I receive my deposit back?
Student Room Flat has nothing to do with the refund of the deposit. It is entirely between the landlord and the tenant.
The tenant has the obligation before the check-in to fill in its complete international bank details in his Customer space on Student Room Flat website so the Deposit can be sent back, otherwise the landlord will not be able to return it properly.
• What does the lease contract look like?
Your lease contract is the responsibility of your landlord.
• When can I see the contract?
You will be able to read and sign the contract at your check-in. We do not send any contract or draft of contract by mail or post.
• What can I get from you to obtain a visa?
We can help you with your visa application by providing a proof of accommodation in Czech
(We cannot provide a rent contract in Czech before your arrival)
The proof of accommodation is a notarized document written in Czech and signed by your landlord.
We will prepare your proof of accommodation only once we received the following payments:
• Booking fees and deposit
• First rent
• DHL delivery
To get a letter of accommodation it takes approximately 3 weeks after we have received all your payments.
We are not responsible for any delay in receiving the document or a visa application being rejected.
Please keep in mind you will need the original version of the document and a scan will not be accepted by the embassy.
If you have any other question that is not listed in the FAQ, please contact us :
+420 222 521 174